Ok, so you got engaged, and you’ve decided on a general size for your wedding. Now the next big question hits you (spoiler: they keep doing that…): where are you getting married? Let’s talk about choosing a wedding location.
We have an entire globe to get married on. You really can have your wedding wherever you choose – just ask this couple who got married on Mt. Everest – but before you pack your bags and head to the tropics or the tundra, you should think about what will work for you.
On Choosing a Wedding Location[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXaSLqXHXIM]
What you need to consider:
- Who do you want to be at your wedding?
- If you have family members who are unable to travel, you may want to hold the wedding near them.
- The more obstacles there are in getting to your wedding – travel time, visa/passports, immunizations – the fewer people will be able to make it.
- What is your budget?
- Wherever your wedding is, there you’ll have to find vendors. Some places (cough cough San Francisco cough cough) are more expensive than others!
- Don’t forget the budgets of the people you are asking to attend! They’ll need places to stay, etc.
- How big will your wedding be?
- Once again, a destination wedding is usually smaller. You will be asking a lot of people!
Whether you choose to get married close to home (or your family’s home, or your fiance’s, or their family’s), or skip the country, or do something in between, I’m happy to help walk (talk!) you through the process – and follow you to the ends of the earth to shoot your wedding.
Other videos in this series:
Stay tuned for more hard-earned tips on wedding planning!
Hi! I’m Chloe, and I’m a wedding photographer – who just got married. Having been on one side of the industry for so long, you would think this whole process would be a breeze for me. You would think.
I’m creating these videos to walk you through my own wedding planning process, warts and all, in the hopes that it will encourage/inspire/help/amuse some of you.