Weddings are happy! Brides are glowing! Everything is a fairytale!
…At least that’s what we expect when we get married. Everyone talks about the love and the sparkle and the wonderful stuff, but you know what no one mentioned to me? Disappointment. Regret. Anxiety. Exhaustion. Post-Wedding blues.
It’s time to break the silence. You can be happily married (I am!) and still experience a post-wedding slump (I did). As I’ve talked to my friends I’ve learned that I’m not the only one. If you have a story about matrimonial blues, I want to hear it!
Talking About Post-Wedding Blues[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWcmHD_0Zg]
What you need to know:
- You aren’t alone – many women (and men!) have experienced this phenomenon.
- Struggling doesn’t mean you aren’t happily married – both can be true!
- Don’t obsess over regrets about your wedding day. It’s one day, and you’re human.
- Do treasure the moments you did have, the things that were perfect.
- It turns out getting married is a lot like being a baby.