Weddings are happy! Brides are glowing! Everything is a fairytale!
…At least that’s what we expect when we get married. Everyone talks about the love and the sparkle and the wonderful stuff, but you know what no one mentioned to me? Disappointment. Regret. Anxiety. Exhaustion. Post-Wedding blues.
It’s time to break the silence. You can be happily married (I am!) and still experience a post-wedding slump (I did). As I’ve talked to my friends I’ve learned that I’m not the only one. If you have a story about matrimonial blues, I want to hear it!
Talking About Post-Wedding Blues[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWcmHD_0Zg]
What you need to know:
- You aren’t alone – many women (and men!) have experienced this phenomenon.
- Struggling doesn’t mean you aren’t happily married – both can be true!
- Don’t obsess over regrets about your wedding day. It’s one day, and you’re human.
- Do treasure the moments you did have, the things that were perfect.
- It turns out getting married is a lot like being a baby.
Join me in breaking the silence! Leave a comment about your experience, or shoot me a note!
Other videos in this series:
Stay tuned for more hard-earned tips on wedding planning!
Hi! I’m Chloe, and I’m a wedding photographer – who just got married. Having been on one side of the industry for so long, you would think this whole process would be a breeze for me. You would think.
I’m creating these videos to walk you through my own wedding planning process, warts and all, in the hopes that it will encourage/inspire/help/amuse some of you. [/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]