“Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed with the things you didn’t do than the ones you did…
Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain
Photo by the fabulous Rachel Capil Photography
Hiya! I’m Chloe and I’m a sassy San Franciscan with attitude. On any given day you’ll catch me sportin’ cheetah, stripes, turquoise or gold (sometimes all at once) rocking my #FrecklesnFro and dancing on the job. Did I mention I’m a native? Native San Franciscan, that is.
As you’ve probably deduced, I was on the road to becoming a Lawyer or Detective while living it up at UC Santa Barbra, when I got sidetracked by those damn beautiful sunsets and discovered I had mad skillz behind the camera.
Next step, graduate, freak out about being a grown up and spend all my grad money traveling in pursuit of my new found art, landscapes; only landscapes never pay their invoices and can be a little moody. In conclusion, Ansel Adams got there first and has a knack for charming the pants off any still life. Whereas my gift is charming people…with their pants on, usually.
Who knew how deep this love affair would go? My mother always said, “I could do anything and attain any goal I aspired towards ” I just never imagined my work, my passion, and my art could all be the same thing and be SO awesome.
Great photography inspires true emotions, captures fleeting moments, incites laughter, triggers tears of happiness, joy and sometimes sadness. For me being a photographer means having a true talent for encapsulating these moments in any environment.
I love to shoot culturally specific, unique weddings and go on amazing adventures, so lets go! This is your story, let me help you tell it.
- My mother is Caucasian and my father is African-American. I’m coffee with cream as my mother used to say…
- I am madly in love with my best friend, lover and soul mate…I call him Boobah
- Some of my favorite words: eclectic, sassy, hecka, hyphy, and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
- I own a complete set of gold sequin pumps, a gold sequin fanny-pack, a gold camera and a cheetah print everything.
- I use way too many emoji’s when texting and emailing
- I wear mini-hats.
- Our fat cat, Nelson does not, in fact, like to wear mini-hats.
- My favorite movies are The Princess Bride, Coming To America, Speed (don’t judge me, it’s my guilty pleasure), and Law & Order (only the original and SVU).
- I was in a documentary about women’s rights when I was 16…See!
- Since shooting a Fijian Wedding (in Fiji!) I have a burning desire to shoot a culturally specific wedding (Hindu, Cambodian, Chinese, Japanese, African, South American, etc.). See more images Here